Next up is David and his posse.
David seems to be the standard we all try to live up to.
Athletically, educationally, intellectually, occupationally, maritally,
fiscally, etc. I once had the following exchange with Daddy: “Daddy, how do
bullets work?"
“I don’t know… Ask David.”
And this one: “Daddy, how do you make pasta?”
“I don’t know… Ask David.”And who can for forget this one: “Daddy, where do you buy compressed Co2?”
“I don’t know… Ask David.”
All in all, he is not unlike a walking encyclopedia. But behind every great man is an even greater woman. Megan is quite the stud. She has full mastery of moderation. For example, I have never once heard her say anything in reference to amounts or ratios of food ever. By that, I mean that if we go to a buffet, she walks out having no room for anything else in her stomach, there was no overflow in said organ, and there is a perfect ratio of food to dessert. It’s like she has an entire spreadsheet program in her head.
Now, if you take these two balls of near perfection and cross them, you get some very interesting results. If you observe their children, you will see that they are truly precocious in every way. Harry, for example, will be reading a book for eighth graders in first, then go outside and run half a mile at an astonishing pace, and then practice his sling technique (that he learned from an extremely attractive and gifted uncle of his) throwing rocks at a tree. Wyatt has the endurance of an Olympic swimmer, and the lungs of one. That, and he can formulate valid arguments in his head on command. The kid is 5. Calvin is right up there with them, or at least would be if he spent less time being adorable and burping up milk. But he is still helpful. At the family reunion, I likely would have slept until eleven every morning if it weren’t for Calvin who decided that my face is squishy.
Case in point, in this post, I've been having some spacing troubles. I am sure you all noticed. David would know how to fix that.
Haha, George I love this!
ReplyDelete