
Prepare now folks, because in about (give or take an infinite amount of years) 2 years, the zombie apocalypse is "supposed" to happen. Because I have a very low budget, I have decided what I will do. I will make a plan that consists of things that I would ideally have when the impossible occurs. The deal with zombies these days is nerdy people, like yours truly, have taken to thinking about the zombie apocalypse instead of some other natural disaster that would render civilization practically unlivable. When you really think about it, you wouldn't find anything much different in a zombie survival kit than you would your standard wilderness survival kit, with the exception that your hunting weapons will soon become self defense weapons. I will start off with where I intend to go.


First, I will take a small legion of warriors with me and break into
the storage area of Cabela's, where we will load duffel bags full of
freeze dried food, ammunition, guns, knives, hunting supplies,
protective clothing, tools, batteries, etc., and then hide a lot of the rest. Then we will load up on off
road vehicles and head for the hills. We will use bows to hunt
indigenous game, and survive in relative comfort for a few months and wait until one of two thinks happens. One, the problem solved itself, in which case we would go back and rebuild society, or two, the problem only got worse, where we go and build a fortress, and our home-away-from-home becomes a hunters camp. Then we will return to Cabela's to find it full of the undead, where we will clean it out, rummage out what is left, and find the stuff we hid. The advantage to going here is that the walls will keep the ghouls out. there are also ledges to set up battlements. The entire facility is walled off by 2 mountains and 2 freeways, and has an estimated population of 300. That is relatively small. If we clean the area, we can house survivors, and bring them in to the store during sieges. There is a stream running by, and a reservoir a ways up a mountain. I will have some of my legion make sure the temple is a safe place to be. And how will I do all this? I will need some weapons.

I will first need a gun. A .22 caliber assault rifle will do the trick! It is light, accurate, and the most effective caliber against unarmored humans, not to mention the most readily avalible caliber in the world. I will get a pistol with the same caliber. With these, I will have no trouble fighting off the hordes. I will need some close combat weapons, so I will have a machete, a tomahawk, and several knives. I will be wearing clothing made of Kevlar fabric that does not have any extra room. I need clothes that are hard to grab onto and hard to bite through. That will keep me safe. If I am going all over the valley, I sure don't want to walk.

My vehicle of choice is a dune buggy. The Joyner Sand Viper. It is a 100cc engine, fuel injected, bowl seats, racing harnesses, rack on top and on back to hold stuff, 40 miles to the gallon, and capable of speeds up to 80 mph. I will also have a Specialized Stump-jumper Pro bicycle, so that I can go long distances in silence. The problem with the freeways is that they are going to be packed full of bitten people trying to get to a hospital but becoming zombies before they get there, where they remain strapped into their seats and never moving, slowly running out of gas. That is why I will use back roads.
So I hope you have enjoyed this little bit of thought, and I really don't believe this ever could happen, but it is kind of fun to think about. Until next time, then.
No comments:
Post a Comment